Is you S&OP process relevant ?
The S&OP or SIOP process is not only a demand & production plan adjustment activity, but a founding process which drives the companies' business, its growth, and sustainability.
We propose to the S&OP teams 5 points to quickly identify if your S&OP is robust enough, regarding the S&OP Best Practices and fundamentals.
1. Demand Management and S&OP
- Are volumes validated during S&OP inputs to the budget process?
- Are marketing and sales using demand review to implement actions?
2. New Product Management - NPI
- Are NPI managed into the S&OP process? As soon as the design phase starts?
- Are the results of the product launch analyzed (impact on expected Turnover, capacity adjustment,...)?
3. Top Management Commitment
- Do the Sales, Operation, Finance & Supply Chain managers participate in final review and decision agreement?
- Are the investments and ROI driven into the S&OP process?
4. Sales & Operation Plan Management / Sales, Inventory & Operation Plan
- Is the monthly process including demand review, production plan review, and scenarios simulations?
- Are problems shared clearly with all the S&OP team?
- Are all inputs of the S&OP analyzed without confusion?
- Are meeting expectations clearly defined?
- After each S&OP review, are outputs and decisions clearly communicated and action plan shared to the impacted team leaders?
We propose you a pdf document to tick the box => HERE
Did you tick all the boxes? Congrats! You set up a robust S&OP process.
You are wondering about your S&OP process's efficiency?
We built a complete S&OP/SIOP analysis tool to support the improvement of your S&OP.
Contact our teams!